Author Topic: 'Permission Denied' for External Drive  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
'Permission Denied' for External Drive
« on: March 12, 2021, 04:20:02 AM »
In the catalog log I am constantly seeing: '... failed to create or read sharepoint record at: "K:/" - Permission denied' (see below).  The issue seems to mean that thumbnails have to be constantly regenerated.  I have assumed that this is a permissions issue for the hidden file .pmshare in the root of K and have given full access permissions to 'Everyone' for this drive but the problem persists.  Is there something else I should try?

C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/pmruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.2.0/cila/fiberpool.rb:60:in `call'
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/pmruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.2.0/cila/fiberpool.rb:60:in `block in add_fiber'
[Fri 12:06:47] Error: SharePointManager.try_create_sharepoint: failed to create or read sharepoint record at: "K:/" - Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - \\?\K:\.pmshare
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/dyn/common/lib_patches.rb:205:in `initialize'
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/dyn/common/lib_patches.rb:205:in `open'
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/dyn/common/lib_patches.rb:205:in `open'

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 'Permission Denied' for External Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 08:29:06 AM »
In the catalog log I am constantly seeing: '... failed to create or read sharepoint record at: "K:/" - Permission denied' (see below).  The issue seems to mean that thumbnails have to be constantly regenerated.  I have assumed that this is a permissions issue for the hidden file .pmshare in the root of K and have given full access permissions to 'Everyone' for this drive but the problem persists.  Is there something else I should try?

C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/pmruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.2.0/cila/fiberpool.rb:60:in `call'
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/pmruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.2.0/cila/fiberpool.rb:60:in `block in add_fiber'
[Fri 12:06:47] Error: SharePointManager.try_create_sharepoint: failed to create or read sharepoint record at: "K:/" - Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - \\?\K:\.pmshare
    C:/Program Files/Camera Bits/Photo Mechanic Plus/dyn/common/lib_patches.rb:205:in `initialize'

That is happening because of a problem in the 5560 build of Photo Mechanic Plus.

Please try this build: https://www.camerabits.com/download/PMPlusSetupR5667_14372b53.msi

We expect it to solve this problem.  Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Lawrence

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »
Yes, that fixes it, thanks :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 11:12:24 AM »
Yes, that fixes it, thanks :)

Thank you for testing out the fix and confirming that it's working well now.

-Kirk