Author Topic: Geocode preferences?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline damclarkd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Geocode preferences?
« on: March 16, 2021, 08:04:23 AM »
After getting my photos into PM+, I am now working on using PM for my daily workflow and starting with Ingest. Once my photos are off the card and selected, I then do geotagging and reverse geocoding. PM seems to default to full State Names. I prefer the 2 character State abbreviations as I use the geo data in my file naming. Much rather have MA than Massachusetts.
Is there a way to default the Reverse Geocode details? Or do I need to make substitutions after every Reverse Geocode?

Thanks and cheers.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Geocode preferences?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »
After getting my photos into PM+, I am now working on using PM for my daily workflow and starting with Ingest. Once my photos are off the card and selected, I then do geotagging and reverse geocoding. PM seems to default to full State Names. I prefer the 2 character State abbreviations as I use the geo data in my file naming. Much rather have MA than Massachusetts.
Is there a way to default the Reverse Geocode details? Or do I need to make substitutions after every Reverse Geocode?

No, there is no way to have the states come out abbreviated.  You would have to do your own correction afterwards.

-Kirk