Author Topic: Importing directly from Canon R6  (Read 1758 times)

Offline actionsnaps.ca@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Importing directly from Canon R6
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:11:54 AM »
I am running PM V6.0 build 5560 on a Win 10 PC

I plug my Canon R6 into my PC and power-up the camera.  My computer sees the camera as a device with its 2 SD cards showing up as drives inside the Camera device.  In Windows File Manager I can see, copy and delete files FROM the cards that are in the camera.  I cannot write to the cards.

I run PM to try to set one of those camera SD cards as a contact sheet.  It allows me to see the cards and the DCIM folders inside them.  It allows me to select the folder (I've tried all tree levels of the card) but no contact sheet opens.

If I try to ingest the files from the camera without taking the cards out of the camera.  PM does not see the SD cards in the camera as drives, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them.

If I try to add any folder from the SD card (PM sees the Camera device and the cards), it allows me to select the folders but always says no matching filetypes found.

If I pop the cards out of the camera and into my card reader, everything runs as normal.

Is there a solution beyond taking the cards out of the camera?

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Importing directly from Canon R6
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:53:46 AM »
Dave,

Is there a solution beyond taking the cards out of the camera?

No.  Photo Mechanic only works with camera cards when mounted in a dedicated card reader.

-Kirk