Author Topic: Exclude images in subfolders from Filter or Browse views  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
Exclude images in subfolders from Filter or Browse views
« on: March 30, 2021, 05:00:39 PM »
Is it possible in either or both of Filter and Browse to view only images in the selected current folder, excluding images in its subfolders?

I have a folder called "Garden", into which I ingest images that include birds and plants.  Everything gets put initially into Garden.  As I work through them, I move images to Birds and Plants sub-folders of Garden.  As I identify the birds and plants, they are in turn moved into sub-sub-folders with their respective species names, and sometimes a layer below (e.g. based on colours).  What I need to be able to do is look at the Garden folder, or its sub-folders, to see what images (and how many) remain to be categorised and moved accordingly, not the images in sub-folders which have already been dealt with.  But if I look in Garden, I see all the images in all the sub-folders at whatever level, not just those remaining in Garden which have not yet been categorised and moved.

I can view images at a single folder level via Navigator in both PM6 and PM6+, by opening the relevant folder level contact sheet, but I would have thought that in PM6+, the Organizer should allow the choice between viewing (and counting) all images in the selected folder and its sub-folders, or just the images in the selected folder, returning the count of the number of images only at each separate folder level rather than the count of all images at that level and below (if the user has selected to view only at folder level).  Lightroom has this functionality, the count adjusting per folder according to which option is selected.  Does this exist in the PM6+ Organizer, and if so, how do I access it?  I see that for Collections (which I have not started exploring yet), there is a choice whether double clicking a Collection opens just the Collection or also its sub-Collections.

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exclude images in subfolders from Filter or Browse views
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:24:55 PM »
Graham,

No, not currently.  The query produces all images that are at that level or below.

-Kirk

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
Re: Exclude images in subfolders from Filter or Browse views
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 04:23:27 AM »
Thanks, Kirk.  I have put in a feature request for the option to exclude subfolders from the images and count.  I very rarely select the option to view photos in subfolders in Lightroom: my focus of interest is almost always the particular folder I am looking at, not its subfolders.

Graham