Author Topic: MacOs App Icon not created  (Read 1195 times)

Offline hsautter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
MacOs App Icon not created
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
Installed Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5560 (6e1b8a6) on MacOS 10.15.7

The icon for PM Plus is not created,  to run PM Plus I need to go to the Applications folder and run the program from there.
I have rebooted, shutdown, reinstalled the app, etc and nothing fixes this.

I upgraded from Photomechanic 6 (PM 6 functions as expected).

How do I fix this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: MacOs App Icon not created
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »
Installed Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 5560 (6e1b8a6) on MacOS 10.15.7

The icon for PM Plus is not created,  to run PM Plus I need to go to the Applications folder and run the program from there.
I have rebooted, shutdown, reinstalled the app, etc and nothing fixes this.

I upgraded from Photomechanic 6 (PM 6 functions as expected).

How do I fix this?

Do you mean that there's no icon that remains in the Dock?  Because what you're describing (run the app from the Applications folder) means that there is an icon (otherwise what would you be using to run the app) but it sounds to me that you want it in your Dock.

You can either drag and drop the Photo Mechanic Plus icon to the Dock, or when Photo Mechanic Plus is running and it appears in the Dock, you can right click on the icon and choose "Keep in Dock" from the Options submenu.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline hsautter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: MacOs App Icon not created
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 07:05:56 PM »
There is no PhotoMechanic icon in the Launchpad.
I have to browse the applications folder and open the app.

I had PhotoMechanic 6 installed ....  This was interfering with the proper install of PhotoMechanic Plus.
I removed PM6 and the installed PM+. and the correct icon was then available in the Launchpad.

Somewhere in the documentation is states ... only install one of these Apps not both.
Certainly strange behavior.