Author Topic: Read-Only, both external and hard drive  (Read 1858 times)

Offline TiffanyDS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Read-Only, both external and hard drive
« on: April 05, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »
I'm using Plus 6.0, Build 5724 on Windows 10 Pro, and today, when I tried to ingest from a new SD card, I'm getting an error message: While copying/moving an error occurred: Destination path is read-only: (path listed)

I have tried to copy them to an external drive and the laptop's hard drive, both get the same error code.

Is there a setting I've changed, I'm very new to hot codes, ingesting and metatdata templates. I just learned about them last week so it's very possible I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere.

Also, I can copy and move files on those drives through Windows Explorer. Just not through PM Plus.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Read-Only, both external and hard drive
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 02:56:15 PM »
Hello,

I'm unable to recreate the problem that you're having with Ingest.

Does this happen if you don't apply the Metadata Template on Ingest?

What camera generated the files and are there RAW files on the card?

-Jerry

Offline TiffanyDS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »
I tried it without the Metadata Template and it didn't change anything. But when I switched to a different Snapshot that someone else had made, it worked. So its something in my Snapshot and possibly the Metadata Template. I'll Attach the screenshots, if you don't mind taking a peek at them and see if you ca tell where the issue is. Thank you so much.
Its jpeg files on a test SD card all taken on a Nikon D850.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:32:41 AM »
Thank you for the screenshots.

Nothing stands out. I'd like to see both of these snapshots if I possible. I'll send you a personal message with details as to where you can send these snapshot files.

-Jerry