Author Topic: Unable to FTP  (Read 1550 times)

Offline John H

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unable to FTP
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »
Following an installation of Photo Mechanic 6.0 by our tech department on my 64-bit MacBook Pro, I'm no longer able to ftp files to any sites. Manual uploads outside of PM work fine, and I've verified the correct upload information, for each of the sites, within the program several times. OS is Catalina, version 10.15.7. The Photo Mechanic software was a transfer of a licensed copy from another machine in-house, a PC, for-what-it's-worth. I've tried importing preferences and ftp settings of a colleague's working version of it as well to no avail. Log file is:

TIMESTAMP   STATUS   LOCAL_PATH   SERVICE_TYPE      REMOTE_PATH   SIZE   MD5_DIGEST
2021-04-08 10:18:02   [ERROR]   /Users/mnihartj/Documents/Hart Photo Files/2021/Week ending 04-10-21/Arboretum Spring/ Edited/Arboretum Spring 02.jpg   FTP   Could not make connection to server.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable to FTP
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »
Following an installation of Photo Mechanic 6.0 by our tech department on my 64-bit MacBook Pro, I'm no longer able to ftp files to any sites. Manual uploads outside of PM work fine, and I've verified the correct upload information, for each of the sites, within the program several times. OS is Catalina, version 10.15.7. The Photo Mechanic software was a transfer of a licensed copy from another machine in-house, a PC, for-what-it's-worth. I've tried importing preferences and ftp settings of a colleague's working version of it as well to no avail. Log file is:

TIMESTAMP   STATUS   LOCAL_PATH   SERVICE_TYPE      REMOTE_PATH   SIZE   MD5_DIGEST
2021-04-08 10:18:02   [ERROR]   /Users/mnihartj/Documents/Hart Photo Files/2021/Week ending 04-10-21/Arboretum Spring/ Edited/Arboretum Spring 02.jpg   FTP   Could not make connection to server.

Do you have anything installed that blocks an application from making network connections?  For instance "Little Snitch" is commonly used by macOS users and it can block outgoing transmissions.

-Kirk