Author Topic: No Preview - Camera RAW  (Read 4199 times)

Offline csborgman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No Preview - Camera RAW
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
I thought that changes made to a RAW file in Camera RAW would show in PM.  I've been using PM for a couple years now and I could remember (or maybe not?) a time when PM would show the changes made to a RAW file w/o creating a new file.  What I do it open in PS/Camera RAW and make adjustments then click "Done" but for some reason nother changes in PM.  Am I missing something or dreaming of a non-feature?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: No Preview - Camera RAW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:31:34 PM »
I thought that changes made to a RAW file in Camera RAW would show in PM.  I've been using PM for a couple years now and I could remember (or maybe not?) a time when PM would show the changes made to a RAW file w/o creating a new file.  What I do it open in PS/Camera RAW and make adjustments then click "Done" but for some reason nother changes in PM.  Am I missing something or dreaming of a non-feature?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Unless Adobe Camera RAW were to update the JPEG previews (which I know it doesn't since Adobe does not modify RAW files) then PM will always show the image as shot from the camera.

-Kirk

Offline csborgman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
Kirk,  Thanks for the response.

Is there any possibility of adding some minor RAW adjustments in PM? I have LightRoom and Aperture (which do everything... except run on my G4 laptop) but I just can't seem to get away from the simple genius of PM.

Not too heavy, just a few basic adjustments would be great.

cb 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:02:06 PM »
Kirk,  Thanks for the response.

Is there any possibility of adding some minor RAW adjustments in PM? I have LightRoom and Aperture (which do everything... except run on my G4 laptop) but I just can't seem to get away from the simple genius of PM.

Not too heavy, just a few basic adjustments would be great.

Since you're on a Mac, you can enable RAW rendering in the Preferences dialog on the RAW tab.  But if you want to keep your speed, set it to use JPEG Previews, and use the Q (or q) key to toggle RAW rendering on/off as needed in the Preview window.

Adjustments will have to wait for a future version.

-Kirk