Author Topic: Capture Times on synchronous JPG & MP4s differ  (Read 1716 times)

Offline harvey@croze.net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Capture Times on synchronous JPG & MP4s differ
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:53:40 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5560 (6e1b8a6). Still-video images captured near-synchronously on a Reconyx XR6 Ultrafire camera trap are showing differing Capture Times. The differences are consistent: The JPG is exactly 3 hours earlier than the MP4.  By chance (or not) the 3-hour-earlier time is UTC.  The XR6 clock was pre-set to local time, UTC+3.  Reconyx claims it must be happening during the assignment of metadata by the viewing software, namely, PhotoMechanic. Can't see how that would happen, but would like some ammunition before going back to Reconyx.  With thanks.  HC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Capture Times on synchronous JPG & MP4s differ
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5560 (6e1b8a6). Still-video images captured near-synchronously on a Reconyx XR6 Ultrafire camera trap are showing differing Capture Times. The differences are consistent: The JPG is exactly 3 hours earlier than the MP4.  By chance (or not) the 3-hour-earlier time is UTC.  The XR6 clock was pre-set to local time, UTC+3.  Reconyx claims it must be happening during the assignment of metadata by the viewing software, namely, PhotoMechanic. Can't see how that would happen, but would like some ammunition before going back to Reconyx.  With thanks.  HC

It is indeed likely to be Photo Mechanic's fault.  Others have reported the same issue and we have not yet fixed it.

-Kirk

Offline gastontrussi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Capture Times on synchronous JPG & MP4s differ
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 04:04:16 AM »
I've been having the same issue, 10 hours difference on import. The problem is that I import files into dated folders, so I end up splitting days for the same photoshoot, as well as renaming video files to have the timesort into the filename is not making things easier when trying to sync clips.