Author Topic: Sync issues between Lightroom and PM  (Read 2475 times)

Offline hamid

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sync issues between Lightroom and PM
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:56:47 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5560 (6e1b8a6)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 10.2 release

Before I explain my issue: yes, I've used the search box on the top right on and I've googled this issue as well. I've tried many suggestions here but none could solve my problem fully.

Hey Folks, I've an issue in regard of synching between PM and LR.
Issue:
1) Lightroom is not synching the changes done in PM, when In library modul in LR -> Richt click on the folder and synchronise folder...
What Lightroom does is synching some of the changes (not all of them), when I go to Metatdate -> Read Metadata from files i.e. it'll take the rating by stars but not the colours. I modified my preferences a bit so at least PM is writing the changes to XMP files. see my XMP Screenshot from PM Preferences.

2( PM isn't reading any pf the changes done in LR. For example, if I rate one photo from 3 stars to 2 and hit command and s or go to Metadata -> Save Metadata to files, no changes are visible when I open PM.

LR and PM have access to the same folder see issue 1). However I always have two XMP files.

Many thanks in advance for any help in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sync issues between Lightroom and PM
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »
Looks like you're using a case-sensitive file system.  You'll need to make sure that PM is using uppercase extensions.

See the File extensions popup in the Files page of the Preferences dialog in PM to adjust your settings.

-Kirk

Offline hamid

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 12:47:06 AM »
Thanks Kirk. That's it. Case sensitive plus Lightroom and my machine are running in two different languages.

Offline hamid

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 09:47:30 AM »
Looks like you're using a case-sensitive file system.  You'll need to make sure that PM is using uppercase extensions.

See the File extensions popup in the Files page of the Preferences dialog in PM to adjust your settings.

-Kirk

The problem with "case sensitive" is solved right now. Rating with 0-5 is no longer a problem but labeling with colors still is. 
xmp:Label="Red"
My LR operation Language is German and I've no idea how to change it. Even though I've changed the language to English and the interface is in English as well. unfortunately PM operates only in English. Any Idea how to fix that?
Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 11:31:43 AM »

The problem with "case sensitive" is solved right now. Rating with 0-5 is no longer a problem but labeling with colors still is. 
xmp:Label="Red"
My LR operation Language is German and I've no idea how to change it. Even though I've changed the language to English and the interface is in English as well. unfortunately PM operates only in English. Any Idea how to fix that?
Thanks.

The color label names can be in any language you would like to use.  While Photo Mechanic is not localized, it is internationalized and you can enter text into Photo Mechanic in any language supported by the Unicode UTF-8 specification.

The key issue is getting the same label names in both Photo Mechanic and Lightroom.  Copy the label names from Lightroom and paste them into Photo Mechanic.

Once they're the same, I expect that they will interoperate.

-Kirk