Author Topic: PM not sorting by capture time Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5781 (0a41ff2)  (Read 1659 times)

Offline jkm

• View Profile
I import each photoshoot into a folder with four subfolders from each of four cameras. Each camera is set to the atomic clock at time.gov before the photoshoot. All four of them are identical Sony A7R IV bodies.

Then I do "Open folder and subfolders replacing current contact sheet" and I sort by capture time (wait for info to be gathered).

I started culling today's shoot and something seemed a little strange. One of the cameras had all its photos showing up first. Finally it was clear that

I double checked all the camera bodies. One of them is a little off. Sony A7R Mark IV bodies are HORRIBLE at keeping time accurately even with the batteries kept in them all the time. And they get even worse off time if the batteries are left out. So by now at 9:52 pm, for example, one of the cameras became a minute off despite being set exactly to the atomic clock at 3 pm. But all of them are set to daylight savings time and the almost exactly right time within 1-2 minutes at most. And a lot more close during the photoshoot which ended at 8:20 pm.

However, PM, the version in the subject line, is HOURS off, and mixing up the shots, horribly, showing hundreds of photos from one camera then mixing up the other two.

Is there anyone else seeing a horrible issue with sorting by capture time in this version of PM?

I've never had this happen before.

The only issue I've ever had below is the super slow speed of gathering info before sorting 300 GB of photos from a shoot.

Offline jkm

• View Profile
Sorry, I figured out the issue.

Offline gastontrussi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
What was the issue? I'm having the same problem. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
What was the issue? I'm having the same problem. Thanks

If your capture times are incorrect for your videos vs. your still photos as you described in this post: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14128.msg70045#msg70045

Then you aren't having the same issue as the original poster of this thread.

-Kirk