Author Topic: Applying Keywords in PM 4.5  (Read 6167 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
Applying Keywords in PM 4.5
« on: April 25, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
The new structured keywords panel in PM 4.5 is certainly an improvement in adding keywords. But, unfortunately, I still find it slower than adding keywords in Bridge.

To add keywords to a selection of images, I've tried double-clicking on the keyword in the structured keywords panel. This then adds the selected keyword to the set of images, which can take a while if there are a lot of images in the selection, and I have to wait until it's finished before adding the next keyword. It should be possible to simply click on each keyword to add each one to the panel at the bottom of the window then click on the apply button to apply all the keywords at once to the selected images.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Applying Keywords in PM 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:23:41 PM »
Paul,

The new structured keywords panel in PM 4.5 is certainly an improvement in adding keywords. But, unfortunately, I still find it slower than adding keywords in Bridge.

To add keywords to a selection of images, I've tried double-clicking on the keyword in the structured keywords panel. This then adds the selected keyword to the set of images, which can take a while if there are a lot of images in the selection, and I have to wait until it's finished before adding the next keyword. It should be possible to simply click on each keyword to add each one to the panel at the bottom of the window then click on the apply button to apply all the keywords at once to the selected images.

So what you're looking for is the ability to accumulate keywords until you're ready to apply them all, right?

The Structured Keywords dialog available from the IPTC dialogs can do this, but I see what you're getting at.  I could add an accumulate capability to the panel version of the Structured Keywords editor.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
Re: Applying Keywords in PM 4.5
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:24:39 PM »
So what you're looking for is the ability to accumulate keywords until you're ready to apply them all, right?

The Structured Keywords dialog available from the IPTC dialogs can do this, but I see what you're getting at.  I could add an accumulate capability to the panel version of the Structured Keywords editor.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Yes, that sounds great. Thanks, Kirk.

Cheers,

Paul