Author Topic: Save and Upload  (Read 2293 times)

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save and Upload
« on: April 28, 2021, 05:41:12 AM »
Hi.....from time to time in my haste to send images to Lightroom I hit save and upload instead of moving the images forward. This means syndicating images which have often not been cropped so my question was whether there is away of disabling this function as unless I suddenly became a better sports photographer I genuinely could never see a reason why I would use this button?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save and Upload
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 06:59:45 AM »
Hi.....from time to time in my haste to send images to Lightroom I hit save and upload instead of moving the images forward. This means syndicating images which have often not been cropped so my question was whether there is away of disabling this function as unless I suddenly became a better sports photographer I genuinely could never see a reason why I would use this button?

What does "moving the images forward" mean?

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 11:33:26 AM »

I don't think there is a way to deactivate the button, but one way to avoid hitting the button might be to get used to using the keyboard shortcuts instead. I find them to be faster anyway.
On Mac: Cmd-n
On Win: Ctrl-n

Hope that helps

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 02:07:20 PM »

What does "moving the images forward" mean?

-Kirk

What I tend to do is caption the image, colour code it and then click save to move to the next image to do the same before exporting both to lightroom. In the heat of the moment Ive sent a few images straight off by hitting that save and upload button. I appreciate it my error but I'm working off a 13" laptop so I'm really looking to see if there's a way of stopping that happening. I could try Cmd N (Thanks MickO) and I have used that when doing a number after a match but with say a goal sequence I might be doing several images and the save button below colour coding seems more natural but has caused mistakes.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 03:02:53 PM »
What I tend to do is caption the image, colour code it and then click save...

Well, I will note that you can also add the colour code with keyboard shortcuts in that dialog as well. (cmd-0, cmd-1, cmd-2 etc)
Mixed with adding captions and switching through fields with the tab key, you could accomplish the whole thing without ever resorting to the trackpad. For me at least, that is faster and more accurate.   

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »
Ok, thanks Mick