Author Topic: How set-up the Ingest Process to handle JPEG & RAW images as separate files  (Read 1176 times)

Offline KeithPinn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Good evening: I am brand new to PM6+ so forgive my lack of knowledge.  I am transitioning my DAM from LR Classic over to PM6+.

My wife shoots with an Olympus M1 Mark ii and enjoys using the 'special filters' settings on the camera that will generate both a RAW + JPEG image.  When I ingest the images into PM6 I have noticed that the two images are combined and I would like to have the image ingested into the underlying component pieces; a JPEG and a RAW image.

I am assuming that there must be a setting that needs to be enacted but I can't figure this out.

Regards, Keith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Keith,

Good evening: I am brand new to PM6+ so forgive my lack of knowledge.  I am transitioning my DAM from LR Classic over to PM6+.

My wife shoots with an Olympus M1 Mark ii and enjoys using the 'special filters' settings on the camera that will generate both a RAW + JPEG image.  When I ingest the images into PM6 I have noticed that the two images are combined and I would like to have the image ingested into the underlying component pieces; a JPEG and a RAW image.

I am assuming that there must be a setting that needs to be enacted but I can't figure this out.

On the View menu uncheck the "Combined Images" menu item.  This will separate the pairs temporarily.

If you usually don't want to see the pairs combined, then in the Preferences dialog, on the Contact Sheet page, under Thumbnails, uncheck the "Combine images into single thumbnail" and OK the dialog.  Any new contact sheets that you open will not have pairs of images combined.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001145135-contact-sheet-preferences

-Kirk
-Kirk