Author Topic: How to show files in all fodlers on inserted memory card  (Read 1136 times)

Offline eranbeard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to show files in all fodlers on inserted memory card
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:03:16 PM »
I'd like to set up PM on my Mac to open a new contact sheet automatically when a new memory card is inserted and show the contents of all the folders.

The way my Sony camera arranges folders on a memory card is a little odd, and requires clicking through sub folders. Occasionally I'll use the same card in different cameras, so I want PM to show ALL the photos when the card is inserted, in case I miss anything. How would this be possible?

(In LR, there's an 'include subfolders' options - hoping there's something similar?)

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to show files in all fodlers on inserted memory card
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 09:49:14 PM »
I'd like to set up PM on my Mac to open a new contact sheet automatically when a new memory card is inserted and show the contents of all the folders.

The way my Sony camera arranges folders on a memory card is a little odd, and requires clicking through sub folders. Occasionally I'll use the same card in different cameras, so I want PM to show ALL the photos when the card is inserted, in case I miss anything. How would this be possible?

(In LR, there's an 'include subfolders' options - hoping there's something similar?)

There is no automatic way to open the folders and subfolders on the inserting of a card in Photo Mechanic.

But you can use the Navigator and right-click on the card and choose one of the Open folder and subfolders options to do this.

-Kirk