Author Topic: Camera Disc Icon not appearing in Navigator  (Read 1582 times)

Offline JossBarratt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Camera Disc Icon not appearing in Navigator
« on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:51 AM »
I have just updated PM to PM6 Build 5781 running on Mac 11.3 and I can't get the camera disc icon to appear in the Navigator anymore. It has always just popped up and opened itself in a new contact sheet. I can see the disc contents by opening it on the desktop and then dragging the subfolder into PM. I have changed nothing in the settings but it seems to have changed behaviour ! Any help to get PM to behave how it has been for years gratefully received...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Camera Disc Icon not appearing in Navigator
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 11:49:45 AM »
Joss,

I have just updated PM to PM6 Build 5781 running on Mac 11.3 and I can't get the camera disc icon to appear in the Navigator anymore. It has always just popped up and opened itself in a new contact sheet. I can see the disc contents by opening it on the desktop and then dragging the subfolder into PM. I have changed nothing in the settings but it seems to have changed behaviour ! Any help to get PM to behave how it has been for years gratefully received...

What was the last build that did work for you?

-Kirk

Offline JossBarratt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 11:50:42 PM »
I don't know what the previous build was Kirk but every update before 5781 worked perfectly. I have updated today to 5820 and the same happens. For some reason it will mount camera disks from first launch but not again, it mounts usb hard disks every time and if the camera card is connected and you then mount a usb hard drive it then mounts the camera card. Maybe I should go back a few builds ? How do I do that ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 09:00:30 AM »
Joss,

I don't know what the previous build was Kirk but every update before 5781 worked perfectly. I have updated today to 5820 and the same happens. For some reason it will mount camera disks from first launch but not again, it mounts usb hard disks every time and if the camera card is connected and you then mount a usb hard drive it then mounts the camera card. Maybe I should go back a few builds ? How do I do that ?

All builds are listed here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 11:11:47 AM »
Try updating to macOS 11.4.  Other users report that this fixes the problem.

-Kirk