Author Topic: UC on code replacement  (Read 1468 times)

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
UC on code replacement
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »
Hello,

I have read the post from feb 2021 regarding having to put the string in for the UC command on a variable however...

I have a text code replacement covering everything i need in the metadata(IPTC).  For every game i change the edit status to a number and when i ingest it pulls all the data from the code replacement text file.  For example the City field would be ={editstatus}#5=. In the caption i also have the same code.
The problem comes when i want that word upper case in the caption.  I have tried ={editstatus:0:UC}#5= but it returns it as is from the code replacement file. I have also trying ={city:0:UC}= but again this only returns the code replacement text.

Is there a way to make this upper case? or do i need to add another code replacement field?

I have attached a sample code replacement text file, screen shot of metadata template and what it returns.

thanks

Jon

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: UC on code replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 12:32:12 PM »
The text file shows without the UC code... but it returns the same no matter what
j

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »
Jon,

I have read the post from feb 2021 regarding having to put the string in for the UC command on a variable however...

I have a text code replacement covering everything i need in the metadata(IPTC).  For every game i change the edit status to a number and when i ingest it pulls all the data from the code replacement text file.  For example the City field would be ={editstatus}#5=. In the caption i also have the same code.
The problem comes when i want that word upper case in the caption.  I have tried ={editstatus:0:UC}#5= but it returns it as is from the code replacement file. I have also trying ={city:0:UC}= but again this only returns the code replacement text.

The UC conversion is converting the value of the variable before looking it up as a code.  The replacement is taken as-is from the Code Replacement file.

Is there a way to make this upper case? or do i need to add another code replacement field?

You would have to add another replacement to your file and make it uppercase.  And you'd have to use the new uppercase replacement column when you want the uppercase value.

-Kirk

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 09:24:57 PM »
Thanks Kirk,
i thought as much but good to get it confirmed. easy enough to slide another CR column in

thanks again for the prompt response

jon