Author Topic: Renaming Images during SFTP upload  (Read 2058 times)

Offline davidmullen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • cyberimages.net
Renaming Images during SFTP upload
« on: May 17, 2021, 07:40:43 AM »
Hi,
I`ve searched the forum, but I cannot find specific answers to my query.
I`m running PM Plus version 6, build 5820. During my caption process, I add a filename in the "Object" field and a sequence {object}{seqn} to facilitate renaming the images. In the "Copy/Move Photos" dialogue window, I check the "Rename copied/moved photos as" box which then renames the images as they are copied to a destination [Attachment: DMullen_Rename-1.
If I want to FTP / SFTP images to a server directly from Metadata (IPTC) Info window [Attachment:DMullen_Rename-3], the rename option is also present in the FTP file upload window [Attachment: DMullen_Rename-2], however the transmitted images are not renamed when they upload to the server.

Have any of you guys come across this problem before, and if so, is there a solution?

David
Regards,

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming Images during SFTP upload
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:35 AM »
David,

I`ve searched the forum, but I cannot find specific answers to my query.
I`m running PM Plus version 6, build 5820. During my caption process, I add a filename in the "Object" field and a sequence {object}{seqn} to facilitate renaming the images. In the "Copy/Move Photos" dialogue window, I check the "Rename copied/moved photos as" box which then renames the images as they are copied to a destination [Attachment: DMullen_Rename-1.
If I want to FTP / SFTP images to a server directly from Metadata (IPTC) Info window [Attachment:DMullen_Rename-3], the rename option is also present in the FTP file upload window [Attachment: DMullen_Rename-2], however the transmitted images are not renamed when they upload to the server.

Have any of you guys come across this problem before, and if so, is there a solution?

Not encountered before, we will investigate.  No solution at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming Images during SFTP upload
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 02:28:33 PM »
Hi David,

Thank you for the screenshots.

So it looks like you're applying the Metadata template on SFTP upload. If you are wanting to use the Object data that is already in the file, and it looks like you do based on your Copy Options settings, you will need to uncheck the box for `Apply Metadata (IPTC) Template` in the Operations section of the SFTP File Uploader window.

Let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue.

HTH,

Jerry