Author Topic: Error: Unable to fetch items from server. Please check your connection settings.  (Read 3160 times)

Offline jsaperia1@me.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I get this error when trying to login/connect to my Zenfolio account.  I have tried to create duplicate account in PhotoMechanic and that had the same problem.  I used the same password I successfully have been using on my Zenfolio account for some time.  Just to be extra sure I turned off my firewall (which has always been on). I also check the Zenfolio settings to permit API/upload access and they were all fine. Does anyone have have any ideas? I am running on Mac OS 11.3.1 which I believe is the most current. This is the PhotoMechanic build which I also think is the most current since I downloaded it recently and this is the first time I have tired to upload since then:
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5820 (a6fdfbc)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I get this error when trying to login/connect to my Zenfolio account.  I have tried to create duplicate account in PhotoMechanic and that had the same problem.  I used the same password I successfully have been using on my Zenfolio account for some time.  Just to be extra sure I turned off my firewall (which has always been on). I also check the Zenfolio settings to permit API/upload access and they were all fine. Does anyone have have any ideas? I am running on Mac OS 11.3.1 which I believe is the most current. This is the PhotoMechanic build which I also think is the most current since I downloaded it recently and this is the first time I have tired to upload since then:
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5820 (a6fdfbc)

This is a known issue that occurred about a week ago when Zenfolio changed their requirements for secure socket communication.  We're working on a fix.

-Kirk

Offline jsaperia1@me.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thank you for the reply.  I assume my log will not give you any new information since you already know it is an SSLv3 error.  That is about all it says:

Zenfolio   SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server hello A: wrong version number

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Thank you for the reply.  I assume my log will not give you any new information since you already know it is an SSLv3 error.  That is about all it says:

Zenfolio   SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server hello A: wrong version number

Yes, that's the problem.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
We have fixed the problem but would like others to test.

This is a macOS build of PM6 that should allow the Zenfolio upload template to work properly again:

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic6R5859_d59d18d6.dmg

Please give it a try and let me know if it solves your issue.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jsaperia1@me.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks very much.  I am able to log in now and upload.  Zenfolio may have changed some rules about where photos can be placed but that is minor and not related to the previous problem. As near as I can tell everything is fine with your fix.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Thanks very much.  I am able to log in now and upload.  Zenfolio may have changed some rules about where photos can be placed but that is minor and not related to the previous problem. As near as I can tell everything is fine with your fix.

Thank you for confirming the fix.

-Kirk

Offline Art

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

This is a macOS build of PM6 that should allow the Zenfolio upload template to work properly again:

Thanks,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,
I posted on this issue on another topic not knowing it was for PM6+ the same thing, but came across this thread since i have PM6. I downloaded your fix and i'm back on track. My only question is that i downloaded but not replaced my current build 5820. Should i just delete current build and stick with your  fix version?

Again thanks for the help.

Art.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Art,

I posted on this issue on another topic not knowing it was for PM6+ the same thing, but came across this thread since i have PM6. I downloaded your fix and i'm back on track. My only question is that i downloaded but not replaced my current build 5820. Should i just delete current build and stick with your  fix version?

Yes, you can delete 5820 and use the updated version.  It is a full version with no limitations.

-Kirk

Offline Art

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Art,

Yes, you can delete 5820 and use the updated version.  It is a full version with no limitations.

-Kirk

Thanks for the fix and the prompt replies.  :)