Author Topic: Version 6 a backward step?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Version 6 a backward step?
« on: June 14, 2021, 04:17:17 AM »
Am I the only one who finds PM6 to be slow and clunky compared to PM5.  I have PM5 on 3 older Imacs and its ballistic when scrolling through images and dragging and dropping.  A while ago I got a newer 2015 Imac Catalina 3.2 GHZ 32G of RAM and 1-TB SSD and also purchased PM6, I find it laggy when scrolling through images using the arrow keys and often get the spinning beach ball when dragging and dropping images into albums even with small jpegs and just a few of them. I also find sometimes the search function doesn't work even when i'm looking at an image and typing its number into the search then just get a blank page.  None of this I have ever had with PM5, if the option is available I would like to remove my PM6 and change for another PM5 subscription

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Version 6 a backward step?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 09:00:25 AM »
Am I the only one who finds PM6 to be slow and clunky compared to PM5.  I have PM5 on 3 older Imacs and its ballistic when scrolling through images and dragging and dropping.  A while ago I got a newer 2015 Imac Catalina 3.2 GHZ 32G of RAM and 1-TB SSD and also purchased PM6, I find it laggy when scrolling through images using the arrow keys and often get the spinning beach ball when dragging and dropping images into albums even with small jpegs and just a few of them. I also find sometimes the search function doesn't work even when i'm looking at an image and typing its number into the search then just get a blank page.  None of this I have ever had with PM5, if the option is available I would like to remove my PM6 and change for another PM5 subscription

PM5 is no longer produced and is a 32-bit application.  To run PM5, you'd need to have an older system with an older OS that still runs 32-bit applications.

That said, your system should run PM6 just fine and without the issues you've described.  I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

You can get direct troubleshooting support from them and they'll get to the bottom of your issue.

-Kirk