Author Topic: Query to find all pictures missing from Catalog or Collections  (Read 2358 times)

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
Hi,
I've got 70,000 pictures on my hard drive and most of them are inside a collection managed by PM6+.
However, eventually, I want to have every picture inside a catalog.
I realize that every picture, when it's inside a catalog, has a brown or green dot in the the RH lower corner of the thumbnail. This dot switches on or off whether the picture is part of a catalog or not.
So, I assume this must make it detectable in a search query.

Could somebody tell me how to construct a query that will allow me to find every picture in my collection that is not part of a catalog/Collection?
Thank you very much in advance!
Luke

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Query to find all pictures missing from Catalog or Collections
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:21:43 AM »
Luke,

There is no such query.  The Catalog system can only perform queries on images that it knows about.  Images that are not known to the catalog are not in its database and cannot be queried.

The color of the dots (the catalog status indicator) vary between:

Unfilled (background color): completely unknown to any catalog.
Yellow: known to a catalog but currently offline or missing.
Green: known to a catalog and currently online.

-Kirk

Offline LRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »
Thanks Kirk.

Offline ejhutch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
Just posted a feature request for this here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14655.msg72125#msg72125

Briefly:
I'm making the following related feature requests for PM6+

Add the capability to utilize an image's catalog status (online, offline, unknown) to sort, filter, or otherwise categorize images displayed in a contact sheet and/or elsewhere in PM+ that would be useful.
Add the capability to display with each image and each image's thumbnail (and/or elsewhere in PM+ wherever it might be useful) an indicator of which catalog or catalogs an image is included in.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »
Add the capability to display with each image and each image's thumbnail (and/or elsewhere in PM+ wherever it might be useful) an indicator of which catalog or catalogs an image is included in.

Right-clicking on a photo will bring up a contextual menu.  The "Catalog Info" submenu will list all of the catalogs the item has been included.

-Kirk

Offline ejhutch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 03:17:37 AM »

Right-clicking on a photo will bring up a contextual menu.  The "Catalog Info" submenu will list all of the catalogs the item has been included.

-Kirk

D'oh! Sorry about that one. It should have been obvious to me. Was pretty sure I'd seen someone else ask about that at some point and hadn't seen an answer. I usually try to do a pretty thorough search before asking for something. For more complex catalog setups where one might have images in more than one catalog on a contact sheet (or in a collection) it might be useful to be able to sort by containing catalog... but I'm pretty sure that would be a low use feature appreciated only by a small subset of users.