Author Topic: Ingest new images only isn't working  (Read 3382 times)

Offline jillbrammer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest new images only isn't working
« on: June 29, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »
I know to check the bow for Incremental ingest: copy new images only but it isn't working. I put in my card to ingest the last 30 photos I took and it wants to ingest all off them on the card again and that's a lot. I spent a good amount of time deleting duplicates after I stopped the ingest. If that is checked why wouldn't it only copy the new images? It's to the same external hard drive as always. Anyone have an idea how I can choose only the ones I want to ingest? Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest new images only isn't working
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »
Jill,

I know to check the bow for Incremental ingest: copy new images only but it isn't working. I put in my card to ingest the last 30 photos I took and it wants to ingest all off them on the card again and that's a lot. I spent a good amount of time deleting duplicates after I stopped the ingest. If that is checked why wouldn't it only copy the new images?

It can happen for a few reasons:

1) Photo Mechanic was unable add an identifier file to your card that it will use to track what files have previously ingested.
2) Photo Mechanic was unable to update its database of files that were previously ingested.
3) The time on your computer has shifted significantly (usually happens when the clocks move back in the fall).

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder (or Windows Explorer) window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

It's to the same external hard drive as always. Anyone have an idea how I can choose only the ones I want to ingest?

You can browse the card and select the files you want to Ingest and use "Ingest from Selection".  But you shouldn't have to use this if you otherwise like using Incremental Ingest.  We should be able to figure out what's going wrong.  Please get me that log.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jillbrammer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 07:32:11 AM »
Zip file is attached. Let me know if I got you what you need to see or not. From your reposes I know it's the third reason... I went from eastern time to mountain then central and repeat going back. I dowloaded in central time and now I'm on eastern time wanting to download a few extra images I took once I returned home and it wants to download the whole card again. There's not that many I need to ingest so I can do the "Browse from Selection" unless you have another idea. That work around what what I was looking for. Thank you!

Offline jillbrammer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
I meant "Ingest from Selection". I just tried it and it didn't give me the option to choose what to ingest and it didn't ingest anything. So I do need your help. Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:02:01 AM »
Jill,

I meant "Ingest from Selection". I just tried it and it didn't give me the option to choose what to ingest and it didn't ingest anything. So I do need your help. Thank you.

Please see the following:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000341501-how-to-use-ingest-from-selection

-Kirk

Offline jillbrammer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 06:46:13 AM »
Game changer. The link helped me figure out the Ingest from Selection". Thank you!