Author Topic: What does this icon mean?  (Read 2380 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
What does this icon mean?
« on: July 07, 2021, 03:05:06 AM »
There's a bar on the bottom right of my PM+ window. It has a wee bit of blue as if its measuring something. What's it trying to tell me?

Offline jgrove

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: What does this icon mean?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 05:32:25 AM »
Isn't it a progress indicator for background tasks?

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:35:27 AM »

All my 'tasks' in the tasks section are green. And it's not progressed at all today even though the app has been open. But I'll reconnect the external hard drive and see if it changes.

Offline LarsN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
Opening the contact sheet or changing the sort order the blue bar will show the progress of sorting. After the sorting is complete, the bar will return to black except for the starting point you noticed. There is also a notification "Sorting complete"

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 10:40:20 AM »

All my 'tasks' in the tasks section are green. And it's not progressed at all today even though the app has been open. But I'll reconnect the external hard drive and see if it changes.

Generally, that bar being in the state you have shown in your screenshot is a good thing, unless you are expecting Photo Mechanic to be doing something and it is not progressing (for example, if you change the  sort method you'll see that the bar fills up as the sort is performed, but if it stopped in the middle, that would be bad).

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 12:37:24 AM »
Opening the contact sheet or changing the sort order the blue bar will show the progress of sorting. After the sorting is complete, the bar will return to black except for the starting point you noticed. There is also a notification "Sorting complete"

Ah, right! I see it now! Thanks.