Author Topic: P/M 6 and Macbook Air with the M1 chip  (Read 1356 times)

Offline limey

• View Profile
P/M 6 and Macbook Air with the M1 chip
« on: July 24, 2021, 10:09:09 PM »
Is there a manual available that tells you how to set up P/M 6 on a Mac with the M1 chip?  I am using P/M 6 on my Mac with High Sierra and I have an Ingest folder in Favourites and when I download  a folder with images they go there.
But when I use the other Mac I cannot set up the Ingest folder into Favourites. The only way I can download the images is to put them into Pictures and drag the folder into Favourites.
So if anyone can tell me how to solve this problem it will be much appreciated.
Derek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: P/M 6 and Macbook Air with the M1 chip
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 02:57:14 PM »
Derek,

Is there a manual available that tells you how to set up P/M 6 on a Mac with the M1 chip?  I am using P/M 6 on my Mac with High Sierra and I have an Ingest folder in Favourites and when I download  a folder with images they go there.
But when I use the other Mac I cannot set up the Ingest folder into Favourites. The only way I can download the images is to put them into Pictures and drag the folder into Favourites.

Can you post screen shots of what the Favourites looks like on the High Sierra Mac looks like, and one that shows the Favourites on the new M1 Mac?

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline limey

• View Profile
Re: P/M 6 and Macbook Air with the M1 chip
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:51:28 PM »
Thank you for replying Kirk...back in 2010 my friend helped me install P/M 1 so I asked him to help me again. He told me to open a folder on my desktop named Ingest and then drag it into the Favourite pane and that will be the destination for new images. I did that and it is working fine.