Author Topic: Missing NEF files in a NEF+JPG  (Read 1231 times)

Offline treyneal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing NEF files in a NEF+JPG
« on: July 27, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »
Running PM+ v6 build 5820
Mac Pro Big Sur

I have a catalog of images some of which are captured as NEF+JPG.  I am Browsing by Rating and in the results I get a few images that only show the JPG when the NEF exists.  If I Search the catalog for the filename I get a result that shows the correct NEF+JPG.  The search results have the correct rating associated with the image.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing NEF files in a NEF+JPG
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 12:58:47 PM »
Running PM+ v6 build 5820
Mac Pro Big Sur

I have a catalog of images some of which are captured as NEF+JPG.  I am Browsing by Rating and in the results I get a few images that only show the JPG when the NEF exists.  If I Search the catalog for the filename I get a result that shows the correct NEF+JPG.  The search results have the correct rating associated with the image.

Sounds like your NEFs don't have the same rating as your JPEGs.  When you do your filename search, have the images unjoined.  (View->Combine Images unchecked).  Do the NEFs have the same rating as the JPEGs?

-Kirk

Offline treyneal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Missing NEF files in a NEF+JPG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:18:56 PM »
thats a bingo!  Not sure how that happened as I always combine NEF+JPG as I review/rate images.   Either way, I will watch for this on subsequent ratings efforts.