Author Topic: problem with NAS QNAP  (Read 1977 times)

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problem with NAS QNAP
« on: July 29, 2021, 11:07:17 AM »
Hallo at PM,
I have 2 problems. My configuration is: Version 6.0, build; Big Sur 11.5; iMac 5K 2017 3,4 Ghz i5 quad-core; 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
1) It's been 10 day that when I copy ( CMD+Y ) my photo NEF from NAS ( QNAP TS-873 RAID 5+SPARE ) to an external drive connected USB-C to the computer ( SANDISK EXTREM PRO or another ), PM stop the transfer whit an error the I attach ( 3 photo 2021-07-25... and PM_LOG.ZIP ). To be able to save them on the external disk, I am forced to copy the NEF file to the NAS and move these last files to the external disk. Another question: the file .XMP is it always present when I copy the file NEF? Can I delet it after the transfer?
2) Today, same computer and same NAS, when I tag my photos located in the NAS, PM blocked my work with the error that I attach ( 4 photos .png 2021-07-29... )
Can you help me please?
Alessandro

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problem with NAS QNAP
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 10:33:36 PM »
Alessandro,

I have 2 problems. My configuration is: Version 6.0, build; Big Sur 11.5; iMac 5K 2017 3,4 Ghz i5 quad-core; 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
1) It's been 10 day that when I copy ( CMD+Y ) my photo NEF from NAS ( QNAP TS-873 RAID 5+SPARE ) to an external drive connected USB-C to the computer ( SANDISK EXTREM PRO or another ), PM stop the transfer whit an error the I attach ( 3 photo 2021-07-25... and PM_LOG.ZIP ). To be able to save them on the external disk, I am forced to copy the NEF file to the NAS and move these last files to the external disk. Another question: the file .XMP is it always present when I copy the file NEF? Can I delet it after the transfer?
2) Today, same computer and same NAS, when I tag my photos located in the NAS, PM blocked my work with the error that I attach ( 4 photos .png 2021-07-29... )
Can you help me please?

Both appear to be permissions problems.  Somehow the permissions on your NAS allow PM to create a file but not rename it.  Correct this issue and I expect everything will begin to work correctly.

-Kirk

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 01:54:53 AM »
Dear Kirk, in neither case was I renaming the files. Why the error is only in one file and not in all file of the folder? until last week I never had this problem. Is it possible during the copy, to no longer have the .XMP file? thank you so much

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
Dear Kirk, in neither case was I renaming the files. Why the error is only in one file and not in all file of the folder? until last week I never had this problem.

Tagging a JPEG causes a rename of a temp file during the process of updating the metadata.  You didn't do any renaming, but PM did attempt to rename a temp file back to the original file name (which failed).

What has changed in the last week?

Is it possible during the copy, to no longer have the .XMP file? thank you so much

If your IPTC/XMP preferences for RAW files is set to create/maintain XMP sidecar files when updating metadata, then XMP sidecar files will be created.  You can control this by using the snapshot button (lightning bolt) in the IPTC/XMP page of the Preferences dialog.  Choose the [Nikon Capture NX/NX2] setting and you will no longer have XMP sidecar files and all metadata will be embedded in your RAW files.

-Kirk

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 09:33:33 AM »
perfect, thank you so much