Author Topic: Ingest error  (Read 1569 times)

Offline PauloBMB

• View Profile
Ingest error
« on: August 10, 2021, 07:36:57 AM »
Hi, haven't been able to ingest a whole card for a while now, I keep getting the error attached. Most of the time I can just hit retry and it keeps going until it happens again... Is there something I can do to avoid this?

Working on PM6+  build 5820 - Win 10

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest error
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 09:16:38 AM »
Paulo,

Hi, haven't been able to ingest a whole card for a while now, I keep getting the error attached. Most of the time I can just hit retry and it keeps going until it happens again... Is there something I can do to avoid this?

Sounds like an intermittent permissions problem.  If you click Retry does it work immediately or do you have to Retry repeatedly?

What kind of disk is the W:\ drive?

-Kirk

Offline PauloBMB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
Thakns for replying Kirk, most of the time clicking once do the trick. W drive is a 4TB external desktop drive formatted as NTFS.

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »
Just  a possibility on why this might be happening.

Some external drives will go to sleep after some period of time and when you try access them, there is a delay until the drive spins back up and becomes ready.

A test would be that prior to ingest, open the drive with file explorer and as soon it opens, start the ingest. If that works, then you might check the documentation for your drive to see if you can disable sleep.

Jerry

Offline PauloBMB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 03:31:42 AM »
Thanks Jerry, I will give it a try.