Author Topic: Rename - Sequence to always start from 0001?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline b3nb123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rename - Sequence to always start from 0001?
« on: August 12, 2021, 01:15:56 AM »
When I go to rename a set of images, the default sequence always starts from a high number, 0923 or whatever, instead of 0001. Is there a way of having it always start from 0001? I know I can click reset each time to quickly jump it back to 0001, but I've got no idea where it's finding this high number, or why it's choosing that as a helpful suggestion!
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename - Sequence to always start from 0001?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
When I go to rename a set of images, the default sequence always starts from a high number, 0923 or whatever, instead of 0001. Is there a way of having it always start from 0001? I know I can click reset each time to quickly jump it back to 0001, but I've got no idea where it's finding this high number, or why it's choosing that as a helpful suggestion!

It's the value that it was last incremented to when you last used it.  It is done this way so that users can use it over multiple operations and have a monotonically increasing number.

This is intentional and is vital for a number of workflows.

If you want to reset it, you'll have to reset it manually.  You can save a step however.  Use the 'Modifier Key' (Option on macOS, Shift on Windows) while clicking on the sequence button and it will reset the value directly instead of bringing up the Sequence dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk