Author Topic: Problem sending photo via e-mail in PM 4.5  (Read 8315 times)

Offline bsparks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem sending photo via e-mail in PM 4.5
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »
I just upgraded from 4.4.3 to 4.5, and now I cannot send photo via e-mail from within PM.  I get the following error message:

"Unable to send email via MAPI.  Photo Mechanic requires the use of MAPI to send email.  Most email clients including Outlook Express support MAPI.  You may want to seek the help of your System Administrator or Help Desk to get MAPI operating correctly on your system.  Details: Failed to send mail message, Error 2."

I am in a corporate environment and we are on an exchange server for e-mail, and cannot use MAPI.  This function used to work just fine in 4.4.3, but we cannot make it work in 4.5.  Is there a setting somewhere in PM that we can change to make the e-mail function work?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem sending photo via e-mail in PM 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:43 AM »
I just upgraded from 4.4.3 to 4.5, and now I cannot send photo via e-mail from within PM.  I get the following error message:

"Unable to send email via MAPI.  Photo Mechanic requires the use of MAPI to send email.  Most email clients including Outlook Express support MAPI.  You may want to seek the help of your System Administrator or Help Desk to get MAPI operating correctly on your system.  Details: Failed to send mail message, Error 2."

I am in a corporate environment and we are on an exchange server for e-mail, and cannot use MAPI.  This function used to work just fine in 4.4.3, but we cannot make it work in 4.5.  Is there a setting somewhere in PM that we can change to make the e-mail function work?

No.  I have not figured out what is wrong yet.  I made no changes to the email function other than the conversion of the application to Unicode.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk

Offline MrMyckster

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
I am also having the exact same problem.
Outlook 2003 on windows xp professional service pack 2

Offline johannesfleitner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
No.  I have not figured out what is wrong yet.  I made no changes to the email function other than the conversion of the application to Unicode.

Maybe this is the problem.

Regards
Johannes

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 10:30:08 PM »
No problem with Safari BUT is there anyway to change the overprint to something else besides "Copyright"?

Regards
Stowell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 06:35:54 AM »
Stowell,

No problem with Safari BUT is there anyway to change the overprint to something else besides "Copyright"?

I think you're talking about the Watermark, right?  Click on the Watermark... button and customize the text any way you want.  You can even use {variables} if you want.

BTW, Safari isn't an email client. ;)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline MrMyckster

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 06:05:35 AM »

This is a bump on this problem.

This is some serious stuff for me and would like some kind of a trouble shooting procedure or resolution.

Thank You

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »

This is a bump on this problem.

This is some serious stuff for me and would like some kind of a trouble shooting procedure or resolution.

I have a test program that I would like for you to try to see if you can use it to send email with.  If you can get it configured to send for you then I can use your feedback to fix the problem.  Contact me privately for information on how to get the test program.  Click on my name to the left of this message and send me a personal message.

Thanks,

-Kirk