Author Topic: Persons Shown on multiple places  (Read 1228 times)

Offline rene@rvdam.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Persons Shown on multiple places
« on: August 21, 2021, 02:47:07 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5997 (a13e0cf) on macOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

I'm a sport photographer based in The Netherlands. This is my workflow:
1. Select the photo in camera
2. Import only the locked photo's applying the Metadata Template
3. Adding the players name to the metadata using code replacement

Now I have to put te name of the player in multiple fields. The name of the player has to be in the description, keywords and in Persons shown. Is there a way to enter the player name once so that it will automatically fill in these three places?

I tried with the variable {persons}, but these are applied during the import of my photos and then the Persons Shown field is still empty.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Persons Shown on multiple places
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 09:52:02 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5997 (a13e0cf) on macOS Big Sur 11.5.2.

I'm a sport photographer based in The Netherlands. This is my workflow:
1. Select the photo in camera
2. Import only the locked photo's applying the Metadata Template
3. Adding the players name to the metadata using code replacement

Now I have to put the name of the player in multiple fields. The name of the player has to be in the description, keywords and in Persons shown. Is there a way to enter the player name once so that it will automatically fill in these three places?

I tried with the variable {persons}, but these are applied during the import of my photos and then the Persons Shown field is still empty.

You'll have to do it in two passes.  The first pass you'll get the Persons Shown filled in.  In the second pass you can use the {persons} variable wherever you want it to appear.

-Kirk