Author Topic: NEF+jpg  (Read 1233 times)

Offline BobBalestri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
NEF+jpg
« on: August 23, 2021, 12:19:19 PM »
Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5997 (a13e0cf) on Mojave 10.14.6

I edit a .NEF file using Nikon Capture NX-2 and save as jpeg, file shows up as NEF+jpg in PM with Preview from original NEF. Save as jpg from PM and jpg filename is old name with 1 appended.
So when I save a file I want that file to appear as a separate PM image with its own preview.  What did I do to PM to cause this and how to undo it would be a big help
Directory shows two files, a NEF and a jpg

Thanks
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: NEF+jpg
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 12:37:07 PM »
Bob,

Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 5997 (a13e0cf) on Mojave 10.14.6

I edit a .NEF file using Nikon Capture NX-2 and save as jpeg, file shows up as NEF+jpg in PM with Preview from original NEF. Save as jpg from PM and jpg filename is old name with 1 appended.
So when I save a file I want that file to appear as a separate PM image with its own preview.  What did I do to PM to cause this and how to undo it would be a big help
Directory shows two files, a NEF and a jpg

If I understand you correctly, you've got a RAW and a JPEG with the same name in the same folder, and when you save as a JPEG type from the RAW+JPEG pair you get a new file with a digit appended.

Renaming collision is invoked when a file with the same name already exists at the chosen destination.  This is to prevent data loss due to overwriting files.  Either choose a new destination, or remove the file (JPEG) that is in the way.  If you want to change how the renaming is done, you can adjust the settings in the Files tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog.

There is no option in Photo Mechanic to overwrite existing files.

-Kirk