Photo Mechanic Plus > Support

Hangs Getting Metadata when Adding Items to Both Collection and Catalog

(1/7) > >>

guang:
I'm a longtime PM user, but brand new to Plus (a refugee from iView) who just started trialing this week.  Im beginning to get used to it -- BUT I've found it hangs when I'm adding images to new collections from my default catalog.   Ive added photos of the dialog boxes plus the PM_log.

First I get the "None of these items are in this collection's catalog.  Would you like to add...?" dialog.   

Then I get the Progress box "Getting Metadata for 0 of X selected itmes..." and I wait but nothing happens.  X  apparently is not the number of new pics Im adding, but the total pics in the destination collection.

I cannot "Abort" so I have to force quit the application.   After I restart the application I find the pics have been added after all.   

I've tried to recreate with various numbers of images and it happens about 1/3 of the time regardless of quantity. 

Please advise!

thanks
Mark

guang:
I've found this also happens when I remove photos from a collection. Note I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro using macOS 10.14.6

Kirk Baker:
Thank you for the log file.  I think I may have spotted a problem.

The next time you experience this problem, could you try the following, please?

Open the Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor)
Click on the 'CPU' tab.
In the search field on the right side of the window enter: pm-task

How many pm-task items do you see?  There should be four.

-Kirk

guang:
hi Kirk
thanks for your help. It just happened again.  I see 4 pm-task process items.

best
mark

Kirk Baker:
Mark,

--- Quote from: guang on August 25, 2021, 02:46:01 PM ---thanks for your help. It just happened again.  I see 4 pm-task process items.

--- End quote ---

OK.  I'm going to have to get you to turn on some logging and get the problem to happen again and then get me the latest logs.  You can do this by going to the Help menu and choosing the "Edit Debug Settings..." command and then setting the checkbox next to CATALOG_DEBUG_LOGGING, clicking the Close button and restarting Photo Mechanic Plus.

Then after restarting, get the problem to happen again and after you force-quit and restart, generate the log like you did before and post it here.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version