Author Topic: Combining contact sheets...  (Read 7560 times)

Offline humnicky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Combining contact sheets...
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:25:31 AM »
I posted this in the feature request section, but maybe the function already exists and I just can't find it.

Is it possible to combine several, open, contact sheets into one without having to go through the favorites section and Option+clicking on additional folders?

Thanks,

Phil
Phil Humnicky
Univ Photographer-Georgetown Univ
Nikon D2X
MacPro Tower
15" MacBook Pro 2.53 Core 2 Duo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Combining contact sheets...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:56:31 AM »
Is it possible to combine several, open, contact sheets into one without having to go through the favorites section and Option+clicking on additional folders?

No, but you can save the multi-folder contact sheet and reopen it later with a single double-click on a Favorite.  Open up the folders you want to view at once by doing what you have been doing.  Once you get all of the folders open that you want to reopen, use the "Remember folders..." command on the File menu.  Give the set a name.  It will be added to the Favorites.  Next time you can double-click on your named favorite and all of the folders will open.

HTH,

-Kirk

P.S. People have requested being able to open a folder and all of its sub-folders at once, but that can be problematic since you could do that on a folder with hundreds or thousands of sub-folders and that is not something Photo Mechanic is designed to handle.  Not likely we will add such a feature.

Offline humnicky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Combining contact sheets...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:31:31 AM »
Thanks Kirk. I will give that a try. Sub folders aren't the issue for me. Mine is more of a "per-project" need. I have the need to pull stuff together from multiple shoots that are spread out over time and locations (drives). I think this might be the solution I am looking for.

-Phil
Phil Humnicky
Univ Photographer-Georgetown Univ
Nikon D2X
MacPro Tower
15" MacBook Pro 2.53 Core 2 Duo