Author Topic: New Style Color Tag display in Favorites & Navigator panes.  (Read 344 times)

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
New Style Color Tag display in Favorites & Navigator panes.
« on: March 07, 2024, 01:37:43 PM »
Just coming back to PM after a break ...

I hate this new way of displaying color tags.

For me this combined with PM's relatively small font size makes seeing which folders / images are in which state of my workflow (I use PM extensively for this - it's one of its important features), so much harder if not invisible using some colors.

It's an age & eyesight issue for me, the old way was far superior - I wish there was a way to revert to that !

Thx

Andrew Mumford

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New Style Color Tag display in Favorites & Navigator panes.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 02:12:05 PM »
Andrew,

I hate this new way of displaying color tags.

For me this combined with PM's relatively small font size makes seeing which folders / images are in which state of my workflow (I use PM extensively for this - it's one of its important features), so much harder if not invisible using some colors.

It's an age & eyesight issue for me, the old way was far superior - I wish there was a way to revert to that !

I could make the text itself change color.  Would that help?

-Kirk

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 01:55:11 PM »
Honestly, I think that would be worse - I have my prefs set so that it's white(ish), over black and that seems good legibility to me for text.

Differing text colors would mean variable contrast making it harder to scan - the beauty of the old scheme was that it offered the legibility while the backdrop indicated status clearly as well, just like the thumbnail page view does.

What about applying the color fill to the whole folder icon ?

Thx.

Andrew Mumford

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 07:23:04 PM »
Andrew,

Honestly, I think that would be worse - I have my prefs set so that it's white(ish), over black and that seems good legibility to me for text.

Differing text colors would mean variable contrast making it harder to scan - the beauty of the old scheme was that it offered the legibility while the backdrop indicated status clearly as well, just like the thumbnail page view does.

What about applying the color fill to the whole folder icon ?

That might be doable.  I'll have to investigate.

-Kirk

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 02:05:41 PM »
Thx Kurt