Author Topic: subfolder handling  (Read 2522 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
subfolder handling
« on: August 26, 2021, 09:35:50 AM »
Is there a setting to include subfolders when ingesting or dragging & dropping folders into PM6+?
Thanks
David

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: subfolder handling
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »
During ingest, yes.  During a drag-drop, that depends on what you are dragging and where you are dropping.

During ingest, there is the option to preserve source directories, and yes this works even if ingesting from a folder. (See attached)

If you drag a folder from somewhere in Photo Mechanic's navigator into some other location in the navigator, the subfolders are also maintained. In the other attached example, I dragged the "Test" folder from one location and dropped it on the "Downloads" folder and the subfolders were maintained.  (In this example I was dragging from a removable drive, so the folder was copied and not merely moved.)
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 04:58:10 AM »
Thanks for this reply Mick. That's clear and it's fine for moving folders with their subfolders. Ingest works OK as you show in the screen shot though sometimes it would be better to import the folder and its subfolders into a single contact sheet.

What I still can't find a way to do is to choose a folder in the Navigator (or to drag or otherwise add a folder from my HD) and see the contents of both the folder and its subfolder(s) - preferably all in the same contact sheet.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 09:00:25 AM »
David,

What I still can't find a way to do is to choose a folder in the Navigator (or to drag or otherwise add a folder from my HD) and see the contents of both the folder and its subfolder(s) - preferably all in the same contact sheet.

Try right-clicking on the folder and choose one of the options that opens a folder and sub-folders.

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 12:03:47 AM »
Try right-clicking on the folder and choose one of the options that opens a folder and sub-folders.
-Kirk

Thanks Kirk - that's exactly what I needed!

David