Author Topic: Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers  (Read 3316 times)

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:37:27 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I use a portable drive that contains the images I'm working on and share this drive between 2 different computers (XP based). PM is intalled on both machines. I would like to have all of my PM setting (keyword library, remaning strings, IPTC Stationary Pads, and other setting I'm not thinking about yet) stored in one directory on the portable drive and have PM look at this directory by default for all of it's settings. How can I do that?

Thanks.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
David,

I use a portable drive that contains the images I'm working on and share this drive between 2 different computers (XP based). PM is intalled on both machines. I would like to have all of my PM setting (keyword library, remaning strings, IPTC Stationary Pads, and other setting I'm not thinking about yet) stored in one directory on the portable drive and have PM look at this directory by default for all of it's settings. How can I do that?

It cannot currently be done.

-Kirk

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:29:04 AM »
ouch.
ok - last night I was doing some keywording at home and wanted to continue today on another machine. Is there at least a way to move the keywords list between machines?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »
David,

ouch.
ok - last night I was doing some keywording at home and wanted to continue today on another machine. Is there at least a way to move the keywords list between machines?

You can export it with the Export button in the Keywords dialog and import it with the Import button on the other computer.

-Kirk