Author Topic: How do search for photos with names in captions?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline DylanHeuer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do search for photos with names in captions?
« on: August 29, 2021, 05:46:59 PM »
The search field is COMPLETELY gone from Photo Mechanic Plus.

I have no way to search for photos with a certain player (their name is in the photo caption).

Before I was able to type in "pitcher John Doe" in the search field and it would open a new contact sheet with all of the photos that contains "pitcher John Doe" across all of my folders on my external hard drive.

But now in version 6.0, build 0626, it's impossible! I tried to mess around with catalogs but it is incredibly confusing and complicated. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do search for photos with names in captions?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 08:34:27 AM »
Dylan,

The search field is COMPLETELY gone from Photo Mechanic Plus.

It's visible for me on my system with the latest build (6026).  It's in the Organizer.  Click on the vertical Search tab on the left side of the Organizer.

I attached an illustration.

But now in version 6.0, build 0626, it's impossible! I tried to mess around with catalogs but it is incredibly confusing and complicated.

Then perhaps you're looking for the Spotlight search?  It's in the Favorites/Navigator pane.  I attached another illustration.  NOTE: the Spotlight search can work fairly well, but it is far less powerful than the Catalog features in Photo Mechanic Plus.

HTH,

-Kirk