Author Topic: Question about keywording  (Read 2327 times)

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Question about keywording
« on: September 07, 2021, 04:02:19 PM »
Even though I've been using PM for a long time, I never really got into keywording my photos. Now I'm rethinking that strategy and exploring the best way to do it in PM6. Options, besides typing in my own keywords, include buying a program such as Controlled Vocabulary or Photo-Keywords.com, which may simplify and streamline/standardize the whole process.

I shoot a wide variety of subject matter (news, sports, features, travel, etc.) so not sure if the keywords would be fairly standard. But I don’t want keywords to be so structured that it turns into overkill. Just trying to find the best way to do this.

Wondering what others are doing and what you found works best.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Question about keywording
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 04:26:11 PM »
Even though I've been using PM for a long time, I never really got into keywording my photos. Now I'm rethinking that strategy and exploring the best way to do it in PM6. Options, besides typing in my own keywords, include buying a program such as Controlled Vocabulary or Photo-Keywords.com, which may simplify and streamline/standardize the whole process.

Photo Mechanic works with the data set sold at the Controlled Vocabulary website.  The data is loaded into the Structured Keywords panel.

-Kirk

Offline C-F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Question about keywording
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:50:38 AM »
I ran into the same question and found this,

https://www.carlseibert.com/keywording-considerations-start/

Mr. Seibert has a wide spectrum of articles/videos that also teach 'in depth' workflows to working with PM and metadata.

Hope that helps.