Author Topic: FTP v6 over TLS (port 990) - not working  (Read 1953 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
FTP v6 over TLS (port 990) - not working
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:27:51 AM »
Hello at Photo Mechanic,

since moving to PM6 from PM5 our staff members have issues including myself with sending images with the Enable TLS options (port 990 enabled) with FTPv6 uploader. It worked for a while then stopped.

If I understand correctly this option will hide our password from sniffing. Because we had issues with this set-up we went back to not using this feature and send out our images without the Enable TLS option.

Our IT dept has asked me to test out some other FTP clients (Transmit 5.0 and Filezilla fro mac) and these 2 FTP clients are able to connect to our servers with the above setting FTP implicit over TLS port 990. With FileZilla it looks like TLS 1.2 is used.

This now puts the spotlight on PhotoMechanic.

Can you tell me why PM would not be able to connect ? The message from FTP uploader is : "unable to fetch folders from server, please check your connectino settings"

I’m relaying info to the IT dept as they don’t use PM at all.

Best regards,

Hugo

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP v6 over TLS (port 990) - not working
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 09:51:14 AM »
Hi Hugo,

The PM.log file may have more information about why the FTP v6 fails to connect. You can get access to the PM.log file from within Photo Mechanic's Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data...". When you're composing your reply use the 'Attachments and other options' link and select the PM.log file to upload.

Thanks,
Jerry

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »
Jerry,

here's my log file. The FTP tests were done 2-3 days ago. I saw the file has a LOT a data...

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
Thank you for the log file.

The server returned the error, 502 command not implemented. The method that reported the error has two commands, change directory and list, so the server doesn't support one of these. If I had to guess I'd say it was the list command.

In our current build, there is an option to disable the directory listing. Then what you will need to do is type in the destination path.

You can download our latest builds here:  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

I hope this helps.

-Jerry

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:42:07 PM by Jerry H »