Author Topic: Buggy behaviour when uploading to Photoshelter  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mbrakes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Buggy behaviour when uploading to Photoshelter
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:41:06 AM »
I've been a long time user of both PM and Photoshelter, and one of my favourite features have been the Uploader, which I have used to upload to Photoshelter. But after upgrading to PM v6 / Plus, there's been some buggy behaviour:

It seems like whenever I make a new folder or gallery from within PM, then the "Send" button for some reason becomes unresponsive, so I have to hit "Cancel" and exit the upload dialogue, then hit the shortcut command-U again, and then navigate through the entire folder/gallery hierarchy to select the folder/gallery I just created again. Only then am I allowed to hit the "Send" button. Or if uploading to some old pre-existing folder or gallery.

It quickly becomes a nuisance to navigate these big hierarchies, created over the course of many years, like I now have to do.

I also wish PM would remember where in the hierarchy tree it left off last time - AFAIK PM used to remember this under v5, but this no longer works. I wish this function could be restored.

Advance thanks!

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Buggy behaviour when uploading to Photoshelter
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:31:40 AM »
Hello,

It seems like whenever I make a new folder or gallery from within PM, then the "Send" button for some reason becomes unresponsive, so I have to hit "Cancel" and exit the upload dialogue, then hit the shortcut command-U again, and then navigate through the entire folder/gallery hierarchy to select the folder/gallery I just created again. Only then am I allowed to hit the "Send" button. Or if uploading to some old pre-existing folder or gallery.

Are there any errors posted in the status at the bottom of the upload dialog?

About how many folders/galleries are you working with?

How long do you wait before clicking Cancel?

The Photo Mechanic log file may have more information. You can get access to the PM log file from within Photo Mechanic's Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data...". When you're composing your reply use the 'Attachments and other options' link and select the PM_log.zip file to upload.

I also wish PM would remember where in the hierarchy tree it left off last time - AFAIK PM used to remember this under v5, but this no longer works. I wish this function could be restored.

I see no reason why this functionality can't be implemented in the PM6 version of the uploader. I will add this to our bug/feature tracking system.

-Jerry
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:26:55 PM by Kirk Baker »