Author Topic: Overwrite images  (Read 1211 times)

Offline krakouer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Overwrite images
« on: September 14, 2021, 06:42:10 PM »
Hello,

I was just putting in a request for an addition to the "save picture as..." feature.
Currently we get these options in attached image;

I was just hoping for a feature to have an overwrite option.

Lightroom added this a few years ago, Capture One finally followed as of last month.

It is really helpful for us users potentially in this case.

1) I use Affinity Photo, C1, Lightroom to edit.
2) I issue all my photos as Master files to a Master directory from these various programs. They are TIFFS.
3) From these Master TIFF files, I use I can use PhotoMechanic's "save picture as" feature to quickly and automatically issue different resolution jpegs with different folders and file naming, to different clients and structures etc...to a directory on my nextcloud server so clients automatically pick up the changes.

It works well.

Lightroom, Capture One, I just make a change - press publish and the master file gets overwritten with client requested changes.

However it falls down because PM refuses to overwrite, thus I have to go in and find the old jpgs in multiple folders, manually find or search or delete them, go back to PM and reissue using "save picture as" in PM. If I missed one file I get all these additional copies which is a mess. I was hoping for this type of workflow, if it could also have the option to overwrite so I can save time when issuing files to clients.

Of course, the default should still be one of the options below but it would be super useful to have an overwrite command built in.