Author Topic: Copy/Move Dialog Placement  (Read 1816 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Copy/Move Dialog Placement
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:26:14 AM »
I am using PM6+ build 6026 on a 15" MackBook Pro running BigSur v11.6.

When I open the Copy/Move dialog is is always at the bottom of the screen. This presents a problem when I attempt to select a folder for the operation, as the list opens such that it scrolls off the bottom of the screen. I can, of course, reposition the dialog, but I then need to do it every time I open it.

Would it be possible to change this in PM+ so that it either opens the Copy/Move dialog in the center of the screen, or in the last position?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy/Move Dialog Placement
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:47 AM »
Mick,

I am using PM6+ build 6026 on a 15" MackBook Pro running BigSur v11.6.

When I open the Copy/Move dialog is is always at the bottom of the screen. This presents a problem when I attempt to select a folder for the operation, as the list opens such that it scrolls off the bottom of the screen. I can, of course, reposition the dialog, but I then need to do it every time I open it.

Would it be possible to change this in PM+ so that it either opens the Copy/Move dialog in the center of the screen, or in the last position?

This is a bug.  If I can reproduce it I will fix it.  It should remember and restore its position from the last time it was used.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 09:52:10 AM »
Mick,

I'm unable to reproduce the problem on my system.  If you open the dialog, reposition it, and then click the close button, and finally reopen the dialog is it in its last position or back to the bottom of the screen?

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 09:30:58 AM »
Jirk,

The first time I reopen it, it has move 1/2 toward the bottom. The second time is is back at the bottom.

If I move, close, quits PM+, reopen PM+, the open the dialog, it has moved 1/3 down. Close the dialog and reopen, it is then another 1/3 down, close and reopen again and it is back at the bottom.

I'll play with some other dialogs to see if they do the same, but the Copy/Move is the only one I have noticed so far.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Mick,

The first time I reopen it, it has move 1/2 toward the bottom. The second time is is back at the bottom.

If I move, close, quits PM+, reopen PM+, the open the dialog, it has moved 1/3 down. Close the dialog and reopen, it is then another 1/3 down, close and reopen again and it is back at the bottom.

I'll play with some other dialogs to see if they do the same, but the Copy/Move is the only one I have noticed so far.

OK, I may need to add some logging to find out why the coordinates are changing spontaneously and get you a custom build.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
THanks, Kirk. Le me know what I need to do.

Offline flyingout

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
Wow. That's a weird one.

On my 27" monitor I moved the dialog to the top of the screen and it moved down an inch and half each time. Took 6 to move back to the bottom. It's the only dialog I could find that does that.

Also macOS 11.6 but M1 Mini. PM 6 (6026 but not Plus).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 05:56:12 PM »
Mick,

OK, we were able to reproduce the problem.  It requires Big Sur for the continuous movement issue.  Otherwise it just requires having the "Rename" option turned off and having the dialog be near the top of the screen.  Both issues have been addressed.  You'll see the fix in the next build of PM6 and Photo Mechanic Plus.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 07:58:04 PM »
Thanks for your quick response and fix, Kirk. You folks are tops!