Author Topic: Copy crop from jpg to raw  (Read 1183 times)

Offline thk29

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy crop from jpg to raw
« on: September 28, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »
I did shoot in raw and jpeg. Firstly I ingested the jpeg-files and started to rate and crop the photos. When I had finished this I ingested the raw-files. My plan was, to use Tools>Update IPTC/XMP…, to copy the rating and the crop from jpeg to raw. The rating was a applied but the crop disappeared.
There are context menu items Crop>Copy Crop and Crop>Paste Crop which do the trick, but only for one photo at a time. I did crop many, many jpeg-photos and don’t want to copy the crop over manually for each and every photo. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting, to copy the crop along with the IPTC/XMP data?

-Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy crop from jpg to raw
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 09:19:03 AM »
Thomas,

I did shoot in raw and jpeg. Firstly I ingested the jpeg-files and started to rate and crop the photos. When I had finished this I ingested the raw-files. My plan was, to use Tools>Update IPTC/XMP…, to copy the rating and the crop from jpeg to raw. The rating was a applied but the crop disappeared.
There are context menu items Crop>Copy Crop and Crop>Paste Crop which do the trick, but only for one photo at a time. I did crop many, many jpeg-photos and don’t want to copy the crop over manually for each and every photo. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting, to copy the crop along with the IPTC/XMP data?

I would have expected it to work if the embedded preview in the RAW file was similarly sized as the JPEG.  Can you share a JPEG, the corresponding RAW file, and the XMP sidecar file so I can look into the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk