Author Topic: leaf raw files (.mos) large preview  (Read 4119 times)

Offline nicolaasdb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
leaf raw files (.mos) large preview
« on: May 01, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
I would like to know if you guys are working on an update that would make it possible to preview my .mos files large?
I love photo mechanic and have been using it for years.....but since I bought a leaf digital back last year..I can't use your program any longer...since the preview quality is bad and I can't open the images to show them to my clients.
I know that Leaf is very open with providing information.
I hope you can work on this....because all other edit software is far behind yours!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: leaf raw files (.mos) large preview
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
I would like to know if you guys are working on an update that would make it possible to preview my .mos files large?
I love photo mechanic and have been using it for years.....but since I bought a leaf digital back last year..I can't use your program any longer...since the preview quality is bad and I can't open the images to show them to my clients.
I know that Leaf is very open with providing information.
I hope you can work on this....because all other edit software is far behind yours!!

We are not currently working on rendering Leaf RAW files.  It would be great if they would include a larger preview since the preview they currently include is only suitable for thumbnails.

I don't know when we would be able to address your issue.

-Kirk

Offline nicolaasdb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »
that is too bad....I just loved editing with PM and just paid for a (now useless) update
Photoshop Lightroom (which I am forced to use now) and other editing software are providing a solution....was just hoping your company could as well.
I guess I got to move on to something "better".

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
that is too bad....I just loved editing with PM and just paid for a (now useless) update
Photoshop Lightroom (which I am forced to use now) and other editing software are providing a solution....was just hoping your company could as well.
I guess I got to move on to something "better".

I'm sorry you feel that way.  Photo Mechanic is not a RAW converter.  MOS files do not include a reasonable preview.  How about complaining to Leaf?

-Kirk