Author Topic: Lost Information in the organizer tab  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Langsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lost Information in the organizer tab
« on: October 11, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
Kirk,
I opened up the organizer tab and all the information in search, filters, browse and collections is missing. The default catalog is printed in red a red ! is next to it. I tried to check the serch and add/modify boxes and nothing happens. It looks like the catalog is missing. Where would I find the catalog or where I can retrieve that information. Thanks in advance.
John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Lost Information in the organizer tab
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »
John,

I opened up the organizer tab and all the information in search, filters, browse and collections is missing. The default catalog is printed in red a red ! is next to it. I tried to check the serch and add/modify boxes and nothing happens. It looks like the catalog is missing. Where would I find the catalog or where I can retrieve that information. Thanks in advance.

Your catalog likely needs to be updated to work with the latest build (I assume this issue started with an update to a newer build recently?) which you can perform in the Catalog Management window.

Choose "Catalog Management..." on the Catalog menu in the menu bar.   In the Local Catalogs section, find your catalogs that are marked as red (or yellow).  Click on the triangle to the left of each of the affected catalogs.  Click on the triangle labeled "Maintenance".  Most likely you'll need to do a catalog version update (click on the Update Catalog Version button.)  Sometimes a "Reintegrate Forgotten Catalog" operation will need to be performed.

-Kirk

Offline Langsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Information in the organizer tab
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »
Thanks Kirk,
That did the trick.
John