Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Creating extra folders during ingest

(1/1)

TiredRob:
Hi,

I'd love for PM to be able to automatically create extra folders during an ingest... I used to use a different downloader (years and years ago) that you could set to do this - and it was really helpful.

For every job I do, I routinely create extra folders for;

Deleted images
Social media copies
Sneak peek copies

It would be great if I could set these in the ingest settings, and save them with my preset, so I don't have to do it manually for every job. :-)

Cheers,

Rob

ahoward:
I assume these are subfolders of the folder you are Ingesting to? In which case, both the Copy/Move and Save Photos as windows have the ability to save the items to a subfolder of the current location of the images, and if that folder doesn't exist yet, it will create it. On the contact sheet, select the images you are trying to move to the subfolder. Click on "Copy/Moves Photos" from the file menu. Choose "Create Subfolder" and type in the name of the folder that you would want to create or move to. Then, make a snapshot: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001142336-snapshots

Once you have created the snapshot, moving the images to these folders is a matter of opening the Copy/Move window and selecting the correct snapshot, no need to ever manually create these subfolders. Would that accomplish what you are trying to do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version