Author Topic: Closed: Cancelled ingest still preventing PM to close  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Closed: Cancelled ingest still preventing PM to close
« on: October 10, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
I had an ingest that was going very slowly (slow USB connection) so I decided to cancel it. But when I then wanted to quit PM, PM refused to close stating there was an ingest going on (which it clearly wasn't)…
See screenshots for the behaviour (which was repeatable).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:53:16 AM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open: Cancelled ingest still preventing PM to close
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 12:42:56 PM »
Hayo,

I had an ingest that was going very slowly (slow USB connection) so I decided to cancel it. But when I then wanted to quit PM, PM refused to close stating there was an ingest going on (which it clearly wasn't)…
See screenshots for the behaviour (which was repeatable).

What happens if you click the "Clean up" button?  Does it let you exit then?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Closed: Cancelled ingest still preventing PM to close
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Now this is interesting: I tried to reproduce the issue (by the way I'm quite sure I did try the clean-up as well), but couldn't. For one the ingest speed was as expected (so guess that was a glitch), but now also cancelling worked fine.

So, my guess is that the slow transfer kinda blocked PM (it was still busy transferring a file), and quitting would happen only after the remaining transfer finished (which took really very very long to complete). I guess I was just too impatient ::)

Issue closed.

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Closed: Cancelled ingest still preventing PM to close
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 11:12:50 AM »
Hayo,

So, my guess is that the slow transfer kinda blocked PM (it was still busy transferring a file), and quitting would happen only after the remaining transfer finished (which took really very very long to complete). I guess I was just too impatient ::)

Issue closed.

OK, thanks for following up.  It would be nice to know what was (or if it ever happens again) happening that was causing the slow speed.  I suppose it's possible that somehow the USB device was dropping back to USB 1.0 spec and getting much slower bandwidth than USB 3+ spec.

-Kirk