Author Topic: Splitting RAW & JPEG  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Splitting RAW & JPEG
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:12:07 AM »
I shoot RAW and JPEG. I use the JPEG for live edits and keep the RAW for the archive. After the event, when everything has been edited and captioned I need to throw away the JPEGs. Currently I use the copy command and select move photos delete originals, select JPEGs only, then move the images to a new folder which I then delete.

The problem is that if there is a lone JPEG file without RAW then PM also moves that JPEG.

Is there a way to tell PM to delete (or move) only the JPEG files from pairs, and to ignore any images that are not in a pair?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Splitting RAW & JPEG
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »
I shoot RAW and JPEG. I use the JPEG for live edits and keep the RAW for the archive. After the event, when everything has been edited and captioned I need to throw away the JPEGs. Currently I use the copy command and select move photos delete originals, select JPEGs only, then move the images to a new folder which I then delete.

The problem is that if there is a lone JPEG file without RAW then PM also moves that JPEG.

Is there a way to tell PM to delete (or move) only the JPEG files from pairs, and to ignore any images that are not in a pair?

Not directly.  You could create a custom sort using the {rawplusjpeg} variable which evaluates to 1 if an image is part of a RAW+JPEG pair, and 0 if it is not.  Then all of your pairs would be grouped together and then your non-pair JPEGs or RAWs will be grouped together.  Then if you select only the pairs and do your copy/move operation you'll get what you're after.

HTH,

-Kirk