Author Topic: PM Plus crops the orginal Olympus raw file in the previews. Please fix.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Vlasto Opatovsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am running Photo Mechanic Plus version 6, build 6097 on Windows 10 home x 64.

PM Plus when first loading .orf, raw files from Olympus, for a while displays the whole photo correctly, but later the original, which has an aspect ratio of 4:3, crops to 3:2 (the exif also displays the size 5240 x 3912 px, which is 4:3) - here is a sample photo: ScreenCrop.jpg.

This cropping makes it very complicated and slows down the sorting of a large number of photos. I would like a fix so that PM always displays the entire .orf photo in its native 4:3 aspect ratio, and the electronic crop (3:2, 1:1, 16:9 or other) just marks a thin border on it.

PM is an excellent and fast program, and I'll be hoping for a fix as soon as possible, which I'm sure will please all Olympus or Panasonic users.
Thank you. Sorry, I speak little English.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 01:07:48 AM by Vlasto Opatovsky »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Plus crops the orginal Olympus raw file in the previews. Please fix.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:09:50 AM »
Vlasto,

PM Plus when first loading .orf, raw files from Olympus, for a while displays the whole photo correctly, but later the original, which has an aspect ratio of 4:3, crops to 3:2 (the exif also displays the size 5240 x 3912 px, which is 4:3)

This cropping makes it very complicated and slows down the sorting of a large number of photos. I would like a fix so that PM always displays the entire .orf photo in its native 4:3 aspect ratio, and the electronic crop (3:2, 1:1, 16:9 or other) just marks a thin border on it.

Are you using RAW rendering via the Adobe DNG Converter?  If so, I expect that turning it off will both eliminate that problem and make the overall application much faster.

-Kirk

Offline Vlasto Opatovsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM Plus crops the orginal Olympus raw file in the previews. Please fix.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 07:54:27 AM »
Thank you. Great - it helped :-)