Author Topic: Double-click Thumbnail to get Full-screen Preview?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline annedi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Double-click Thumbnail to get Full-screen Preview?
« on: October 12, 2021, 02:45:45 PM »
OLD PM 5.0 build 19631 (bf87516) on OLD Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.5
NEW PM 6.0 build 6097 (85d1687) on OLD Macbook Pro OSX 10.15.7 Catalina

Hi --

I just made a much needed jump from OLD Mac/PM to NEW Mac/PM.

In OLD PM, double-clicking a thumbnail on the Contact Sheet brought up a large Preview window regardless of the display size of the Contact Sheet window.

In NEW PM, double-clicking a thumbnail on the Contact Sheet does not bring up a large Preview window. Also in NEW PM, if I do enlarge the Preview window and then double-click close it to see thumbnails again, the next time I double-click a thumbnail, PM has forgotten it was supposed to use an enlarged PReview window.

I can't find any setting to control this behavior? It's getting quite tedious to have to deal with window sizes when I'm trying to get through workflow.

Any suggestions? Did I miss seeing a setting somewhere? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help on this --

Andrea G Blum
Owner/Admin: UltravioletPhotography.com
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Andrea Blum
UltravioletPhotography.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Double-click Thumbnail to get Full-screen Preview?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »
Andrea,

In OLD PM, double-clicking a thumbnail on the Contact Sheet brought up a large Preview window regardless of the display size of the Contact Sheet window.

In NEW PM, double-clicking a thumbnail on the Contact Sheet does not bring up a large Preview window. Also in NEW PM, if I do enlarge the Preview window and then double-click close it to see thumbnails again, the next time I double-click a thumbnail, PM has forgotten it was supposed to use an enlarged Preview window.

Double-clicking on a thumbnail in the contact sheet brings up the Preview window in the same size that it was when I closed it.  Are you using Full Screen Mode?  Full Screen Mode is not preserved.

-Kirk

Offline annedi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 03:33:06 PM »
Yep, that was it !! For some reason I just couldn't get that. Sometimes we just get stuck.

So, I'll just make the Preview window as large as possible without going into Full Screen mode and I'm good to go.

Thank you so much for the fast reply Kirk. Feeling a bit stoopie now, but always better to ask. "-)

Cheers -
Andrea B.
Andrea Blum

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 03:44:31 PM »
Andrea,

Yep, that was it !! For some reason I just couldn't get that. Sometimes we just get stuck.

So, I'll just make the Preview window as large as possible without going into Full Screen mode and I'm good to go.

Quick tip: Hold down the Option key and click on the window widget that usually looks like <> (it will become a plus (+) sign) and it will make the window as large as it can be without going into full screen mode.

-Kirk

Offline annedi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 03:58:58 PM »
perfect! thanks !!
Andrea Blum